Monday 23 June 2008

ohmigosh...it's RISING!

I think this is the best kitchen surprise I have ever had: a loaf of bread, made by me, that actually came out looking, feeling, and tasting like bread. Using the no-knead bread in a hurry recipe, I managed to create a crackly loaf, as promised!


Our friend Brittany was there to witness this momentous occasion, and her response to her first bite was perfect. "OH MY GOD! And I'm not saying that because you're my friend!" One bite and she was won over. And so was I. And so was Ryan. It was like a bright light from heaven had shone down on my little Dutch oven and graced it with a serendipitous outcome.


You can safely bet that I'll be making this way-to-simple recipe, like, eight times a week. This recipe is SO GOOD that I was able to flub it up quite a bit, and STILL end up with delectable--dare I say perfect?--bread.

Hi fives all around, folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Sustainable Diet News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger