Tuesday 15 July 2008

Eggplant...something or other


This is another big shout-out to the Mark Bittman. That man comes up with some great ideas. This recipe summed up what we had left from a Greenling box a couple weeks ago.

Although I am pretty certain I used too much olive oil and was disappointed that my eggplant sopped it all up like a sponge as soon as it hit the pan, this dish was still incredible. The leftovers were not as fantastic as I would have hoped, though--my thinking that I used too much oil was especially apparent the next day.


Overall, a delicious dish. Something I'd make for friends...who like eggplant and tomato. My favorite touch was the fresh basil on top. It brought a bright freshness to the entire dish and really lightened it up a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Sustainable Diet News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger